Monday, April 20, 2009

Family Vacation!

Hello! I decided to get a blog so that everyone would know what we were up to down here. So, for my first blog I decided to put pictures on from out trip to New York a couple of weeks ago to go and visit Grandma and Grandpa Zollweg! I just got a camera! But I didn't get it until the way home. So I only have pictures of the second half.
We left on Friday April 3 and we got there on Sunday evening. And we had the pleasure of Holli and Karl and their kids on the trip! The first day we were there, Grandpa had a really big tree that needed to be cut down because it was in the way. So they hired this company to come and cut it down. It was great entertainment for the morning! Then we had to move all the wood and branches to the back and Josef, Amalie, and Zoey had fun playing in the yard that was really wet and muddy! Then we went on a tour through Palmyra. First we went to the Joseph Smith Homestead. That was really neat and fun to see again, even though it was snowing and really cold. Next we went to Hill Cumorah, but we only stayed for a minute because it was REALLY windy and snowy there. And last we went to the place that they published the Book of Mormon. (I can't remember what it was called. :D) Then we left on Thursday morning. :( But we got to go up to Niagra Falls! It was soo cool! And luckily I have pictures!
I know this has nothing to do with Niagra Falls,
but i thought that the steeple looked like an
onion so I had to take a picture. :D



























Then when we were done there we were on our way home! And the last stop we made was in Nebraska at Council Bluffs. (I have pictures of that too!) We were finally home on Sunday afternoon! And I didn't want to be in the car going anywhere far for awhile... but on Monday I had to go to Jackson with my dad. But it was okay because i got about 3 driving hours!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well sounds like you had fun:) You have to keep this up plus it counts as a big project for personal progress.