Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you guys all had fun! I did. It was so much fun to go to Karl and Holli's house again for Thanksgiving. We missed not having Ben and Dave and Holly and Jed and Aaron there.. :( But Amanda's dad came and so did a friend of Holli and Karl's, Daniel. The night before Alan, Matt, and I went up to Afton, as well as Karl and Holli and their kids, to hang out with the Marlowe and Paul A. families. It was lots of fun! They had tacos and played walleyball and basketball. I played with all of the little kids, which was also fun!
Thanksgiving day we all had lots of fun playing the Wii...a lot! Josef pretty much beat everyone on Mario Kart! He's really good.. and I did really good at bowling!.. Too bad I can't bowl that well in real life.
All the babies had lots of fun playing together too!!!








Zoey was also wearing her two pony

tail hat for a little while too! I love this picture! And don't worry, Holli assured me that the underwear was clean.







We also had delicious appetizers of fruit and vegetable trays and cheese and crackers. Holli made an amazingly delicious cheeseball!! Amalie (as well as everyone else) enjoyed the food a lot.. as you can see :D








Here's some of us in the kitchen talking and working on making dinner.. Ruth looks really worried but she wasn't really, she just had her hand there. And you can see the delicious turkey in the background on the counter.

After we finished eating and everything was cleaned up the tough people went outside and played frisbee golf. That was only a few people though. Most of us stayed inside and talked. I normally would have played but it was freezing outside and there was snow on the ground so I had no interest at all in going outside and freezing to death, that's why there aren't any pictures :D But they said it was fun! And eventually we had pie and then everyone started leaving. And I almost forgot to have people draw for names. Sarah reminded me after Peter and Amanda had already left. But here's the list:


Mom and Dad are giving a gift to Dave and Holly and Jed


Ben to Sarah


Karl and Holli's family to Alan


Ruth, Aaron, and their boys to Karl and Holli's family


David, Holly, and Jed to Ruth, Aaron and their boys


Peter, Amanda, and their family to Mom and Dad


Alan to Matt


Sarah to Hannah


Matt to Peter, Amanda and their family


Hannah to Ben


* I will also email you guys this list!*


I also want to post a picture of my latest art project! It is a locker cover. In the art room we each have lockers to put our projects that we're working on and our pencils and stuff like that. But the lockers are really boring so we all made covers to cover them with. It was also a contest :D But my class has people that work slowly so they haven't finished theirs yet so we still don't know who won :( But I am very proud of it and I hope I win!! I also have to say that my awesome friend, Ariel Ferrin, helped me so I can't take all of the credit, I just did the hardest part ;)



2 comments:

Holly said...

We missed you guys at Thanksgiving. I am sad we missed the frisbee golf too, even though I probably would have stayed inside :) I LOVE your locker cover! You did a great job. It is so beautiful. I'm excited to see you soon. Love ya!

marshall said...

thanks for taking pictures, seems you were the only one who did. andyour locker cover is pretty neat. good job.